Wednesday 3 November 2010

Sew sew

Maya dress
Hi, its been a while! Life has been busy! I've been busying myself with my dressmaking recently and have just finished making a dress for my little niece. I have soo much fabric that I've just got to use up. Here's the picture of her finished dress. The dress is in pink tafetta fabric with a green silk bow sash belt and it has a net underskirt.

Coffee-date dress
I haven't been sewing for too long and am self-taught. No sewing classes for me, I just grabbed some sewing books from the library and was lucky enough to have a friend who is an advanced sewer that I could turn to for advice now and then! The very first item of clothing I made for myself was from the Burda website. The pattern dress is called the 'coffee date' dress. Of course the pattern didn't come in a plus size so there was a lot of adjusting to the pattern before I started to sew. Here's the finished dress. Its in a pink and brown polka dot cotton fabric and has a little ruffle detail to the front. Here's me trying to model the dress and take a picture at the same time! OMG!



Ruffle detail to front


No comments:

Post a Comment